REMOVAL OF COVID RESTRICTIONS INFORMATION FOR MEMBERS
REMOVAL OF COVID RESTRICTIONS 19 JULY
- On Course Items
From England Golf as from 19 July - 'The government’s removal of rules and guidance around social distancing and congregation numbers mean that there are no restrictions on the golf course with regards to course furniture, sharing equipment, touching golf balls or the size of groups, beyond those set by the club'.
- Rakes are in bunkers so picking and placing balls in the bunkers is no longer allowed.
Please ensure that you smooth bunkers properly as a courtesy to other golfers.
- Also on the green, flagsticks can now be removed if preferred.
- N.B. If members are concerned, it may be advisable to carry a small bottle of hand sanitiser in golf bags for use on the course after using rakes and removing flagsticks.
- Practice Areas and Lessons
Practice areas, including driving ranges may operate without any restrictions on the number of users. The club will still provide spray and hand sanitiser around the practice facilities.
- Rules & Competition Cards
The rules of golf generally revert back to normal, i.e. as they were pre Covid.
Players should return to exchanging competition cards and marking their playing partner's card.
A reminder - please ensure the marker's name is clearly printed on the card and it is signed by both player and marker at the completion of the round.
- Clubhouse and Hospitality areas
These revert to pre-pandemic operations, although some members may feel that it is still appropriate
to wear a face covering when moving around inside the clubhouse.