Following an update from England Golf, from 1 June golf can be played in groups of up to 4 players. The measures below were in place before 1 June and members and visitors MUST continue to adhere to them.
The measures have been implemented because of the continued COVID-19 situation. We reiterate that every member and visitor must be aware of these measures and procedures before arriving at the club and continue to adhere to them until further notice.
Our main priority is ensuring the safety of every golfer who plays at our club
• Tee times will be available to be booked online, at 10 minute intervals, with each tee time
restricted to 2 players. All players must book by BRS, regardless of the time of day they plan
• Tee times must be booked for each individual player (group bookings to accommodate
“fiddles” etc will not be permitted. As we anticipate high demand for tee times, please do
not include names of players who will not be playing, we are making every effort to ensure
all members have access to 18 holes of golf, play your part in supporting the club with this.
• The first available tee time at weekends will be brought forward 1 hour to 6am.
• Priority booking for all members. Members will be able to book tee times 10 days in
advance, with tee times available to visitors to book online 7 days in advance. Members’
guests will not be permitted at weekends until further notice.
• All visitor fees to be paid online prior to arrival at the club. Members guest fees to be paid
online or by contactless methods. The payment of member’s guests remains the
responsibility of the introducing member.
• Golfers will not be required to report to the pro shop before play, staff will monitor use of first tee and this will be cross referenced against the booking sheet.
Arrival and Departure
• Golfers are requested not to arrive at the club more than 15 minutes prior to their booked
tee time, and should remain in their vehicle if they do so.
• Golfers should proceed directly to the first tee.
• Golfers are required to leave the club swiftly following play, with group gatherings
• Before arrival, golfers should understand their personal requirements to follow social
distancing practices, maintaining a safe 2m distance from other golfers and staff for the full
duration of their time on the premises.
• The golf club will continue to adhere to R&A, PGA and BIGGA directives for course set up.
• The hole cup will be installed to allow contactless removal of the golf ball from
the cup. Gimmies will be actively encouraged.
- No other “course furniture” will be present on the course, including benches, yardage posts, penalty area posts.
• Bunkers will not have rakes, please smooth over footprints with your club or shoe.
• Golfers are requested not to pick up stray golf balls which do not belong to them eg Lost
balls or playing partners provisional ball.
• Golfers must take extra care when navigating through “crossover areas” including when
travelling from 3rd green to 4th tee, 6th green to 7th tee, 14th green to 15th tee and 16th green
to 17th tee.
• No golf balls or tee pegs will be provided for the practice area. Please use your own, marked golf balls and collect after use. No practice will be permitted when golfers are collecting golf balls.
• The shoe cleaner will be switched off.
• Golf buggies will be available to hire, strictly for the use of one player. Golf buggies will be
sanitised thoroughly daily and after each use.
• The clubhouse will remain closed except the toilets in the foyer will be accessible.
• The locker rooms will remain closed, with all equipment to be stored at home. An
appointment will be required to enter locker room to collect belongings in one visit.
• Golfers must change shoes in the car park and store shoes and belongings out of sight in
• Benches and tables outside clubhouse have been removed.
The Professionals shop will remain closed. A click and collect service
will be available on selected days, with purchases to be made by arranged appointment
Priority is being given to members where tee times are concerned at the moment but visitors are still welcome during the week where any spare times are available to book on line.
The club is keen to point out however that if tee times are unavailable then the Club Lifestyle Membership Category is a cost effective alternative for those who want to play but whose time is limited and anyone interested in joining should contact the Club Professional ,Steve Clancy, on steve.clancy @foremostgolf.com or on 01335 347960 to hear about this and the other categories of membership available.