We welcome Junior members, whether beginners to the game, or those looking to improve their game.
Junior Captain for 2022 is Jamie Naylor
Jamie has been a member of Ashbourne Golf Club for eight years and plays off a handicap of 19. He presently attends John Port School at Etwall where he is studying for his A levels. He hopes to get an engineering apprenticeship when he leaves school.
Away from school and golf, he is a keen Derby County supporter.
Sessions are run all year round on Saturdays. Following the coaching sessions there are structured on-course activities.
- firstname.lastname@example.org or 01335 347960 for more information on Junior Coaching or Junior Membership.
- email@example.com for more information about the Junior section.
The Junior Team who will help organise all coaching, on course training, social events, match fixtures and participation in all internal and external competitions are:
- Steve Clancy - Club Professional.
- Will Davidson - Assistant Professional.
- Paul Padden - Junior Overseer.
- Rob Redfern - Junior Organiser.
Helen Wallace - Junior Helper.
Steve Clancy Will Davidson Paul Padden Rob Redfern Helen Wallace Phil Green (Welfare Officer)
There will be a social golf event on the last Sunday of every month from March to September.
The Junior's actively support the Go Beyond charity https://www.gobeyond.org.uk/.
Ashbourne Golf Club has achieved the SafeGolf standard. This is the safeguarding standard England Golf promote to all their affiliated clubs to ensure all clubs provide a safe and positive experience to children and young people whilst playing golf. The PGA also apply the standards to all their PGA professional Coaches.
Ashbourne Golf Club Welfare Officer is Phil Green
In addition to the training required for SafeGolf all members of the Junior Team, involved in on course activities, will also have undertaken the following training:
- England Golf - "Junior Organisers Induction Programme" and "Understanding Young People".
- UK Coaching - "Duty to Care".
We are a HSBC Golf Roots Centre.