We welcome Junior members, whether beginners to the game, or those looking to improve their game.
Junior Captain for 2021 is Harry Bates
Harry is in year 12 at QEGS. He is a keen sportsman and has played Rugby for Ashbourne in all age groups since he was six years old.
Harry took up golf three years ago, following in the footsteps of his dad Anthony and his Grandad Bob.
Harry is looking forward to representing the Juniors at Ashbourne Golf Club and hopes to continue to improve his game and lower his handicap by learning from the experience and expertise of others.
Sessions are run all year round on Saturdays. Following the coaching sessions there are structured on-course activities.
Following on from the successful events in 2020, there will be a social golf event on the last Sunday of every month from May through to September.
The Junior Team who will help organise all coaching, on course training, social events, match fixtures and participation in all internal and external competitions are:
- Steve Clancy - Club Professional. firstname.lastname@example.org or 01335 347960 for more information on Junior Coaching or Junior Membership.
- Will Davidson - Assistant Professional.
- Paul Padden - Junior Overseer.
- Rob Redfern - Junior Organiser. email@example.com for more information about the Junior section.
Helen Wallace - Junior Helper.
Steve Clancy Will Davidson Paul Padden Rob Redfern Helen Wallace Phil Green (Welfare Officer)
Ashbourne Golf Club has achieved the SafeGolf standard. This is the safeguarding standard England Golf promote to all their affiliated clubs to ensure all clubs provide a safe and positive experience to children and young people whilst playing golf. The PGA also apply the standards to all their PGA professional Coaches.
Ashbourne Golf Club Welfare Officer is Phil Green
In addition to the training required for SafeGolf all members of the Junior Team, involved in on course activities, will also have undertaken the following training:
- England Golf - "Junior Organisers Induction Programme" and "Understanding Young People".
- UK Coaching - "Duty to Care".